Top 5 Digital Wallet in Nepal
Here are the list of top 5 Digital Wallet in Nepal
Gone are the days when people stand in a long queue for paying bills, like bills in malls, electricity bills, or any other bill, when people had to go bank to transfer money. Now everyone and everything is becoming cashless. When everything is becoming digital, the wallet has remained no exception. Yes, you thought right, Digital wallet. Digital wallet, as famous as e-wallet or mobile wallet, is an online service that has information stored in electronic transactions. After following a few simple registration steps, one can make transactions through SMS, internet, or a mobile app. While international online platforms are not available in Nepal, many other digital wallets are provided by local firms. Some of them are listed below.
- eSewa tamed care of your almost all domestic payment requirements. And they offer cashback and discounts too sometimes. One can also earn a reward on transactions made successfully, and these vouchers can be redeemed for various gifts on eSewa. It permits you to pay for electricity, water, makes transactions, recharges your phone, pays for TV, newspaper and Internet subscription, insurance premiums, pays school or college fees, domestic book flights from different airlines like Buddha Air, Simrik Airlines, Yeti airlines, and Nepal Airlines. It has even partnered up with a few top e-commerce sites in Nepal. This app can also be used without an internet connection.
- It allows you to pay for electricity, water, makes transactions, recharges your phone, pays for TV, newspaper, and Internet subscription. This app provides much cashback, and about 2% can be saved on different kinds of transitions. More than cashback, you can also earn khalti points on every transaction made successfully. And later, these points can be exchanged as Khalti balance, movie tickets, and whatnots.
- It is a product of lME Remittance, one of the most famous Remittance companies in Nepal. It allows you to pay for mobile/landline top-ups, electricity bills, tv subscriptions, internet subscriptions, EMI, etc. It also provides cashback on a few of them. It also allows you to book tickets for flights, movies, events, and Chandragiri Cable Car. The most tempting facility of IME is that it provides a fair amount of cash backs on flight bookings. You can also pay for vehicle fuels at selected petrol pumps.
- Prabhu’s pay’s unique thing is that its users are eligible for accidental insurance worth up to Rs. 1 million. Prabhu pay was a partner of ‘The Voice of Nepal,’ and the voting was done via this app, which made it more famous. Other services are the same as other digital wallets, like pay for electricity, water, complete transactions, recharge your phone, pay for TV, newspaper, and Internet subscription, insurance premiums, hospital bills of three hospitals Civil Service Hospital, Biratnagar Aspataal, Siddhi Memorial Hospital, can also be paid.
- QPay allows making payments to all the SCT or UnionPay accepting merchants across the country. Different types of fees can be made from this app. This includes mobile top-ups, internet/TV subscriptions, flight booking, electricity bills, water bills, and that’s about it. There is also a sizeable percentage of cashback on most of them. QPay also accepts funds from UnionPay cards.
There are pros and cons of every app you have to do find one which fulfills all the requirements and at the same time gives you some profit too.